Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Coronavirus hotspot areas in Kolkata: List of containment zones in ...
Kolkata Shaped by the colonial British in the manner of a grand European capital yet now set in most overpopulated regions of India. I See the City has grown into a city at the sharp of Ancient practices that led to modernization. I have a little talk with one of my Bengali Co passengers about what should I do on this trip he said: " go anywhere the city itself makes you feel joyous". It has been a long Train Journey and I finally arrived at the City that echoes Joy. I know it is going to be a life-changing adventure for me. I hit very late at night after a long day of traveling and were surprised at the lack of traffic but were told that Kolkata never closes. Another thing I noticed was hindering the channels. I took a Yellow Taxi from the station and went to my hotel which I booked earlier. For the next day, I went on a varied tour of Kolkata. First the white town and the buildings of the East India Company and other colonials. I started at the magnificent Victoria Memorial built of white marble. There are many things inside but the best is a historical display of Kolkata's history. The gardens are beautiful as well. My next stop was St Paul's cathedral was built in 1839-47 and has beautiful stained glass windows. From there to the Hogg market. A soggy run with chopping stakes with fresh blood on them and chickens in crates waiting their turn. I walked through here and saw many different sellers displaying their goods or trade. Then I went to Dharmata, where I was supposed to take Tram, only tram system presently running in India. Kolkata Shaped by the colonial British in the manner of a grand European capital yet now set in most overpopulated regions of India. I See the City has grown into a city at the sharp of Ancient practices that led to modernization. I have a little talk with one of my Bengali Co passengers about what should I do on this trip he said: " go anywhere the city itself makes you feel joyous". It has been a long Train Journey and I finally arrived at the City that echoes Joy. I know it is going to be a life-changing adventure for me. I hit very late at night after a long day of traveling and were surprised at the lack of traffic but were told that Kolkata never closes. Another thing I noticed was hindering the channels. I took a Yellow Taxi from the station and went to my hotel which I booked earlier. For the next day, I went on a varied tour of Kolkata. First the white town and the buildings of the East India Company and other colonials. I started at the magnificent Victoria Memorial built of white marble. There are many things inside but the best is a historical display of Kolkata's history. The gardens are beautiful as well. My next stop was St Paul's cathedral was built in 1839-47 and has beautiful stained glass windows. From there to the Hogg market. A soggy run with chopping stakes with fresh blood on them and chickens in crates waiting their turn. I walked through here and saw many different sellers displaying their goods or trade. Then I went to Dharmata, where I was supposed to take Tram, only tram system presently running in India. The next morning started at the Mullik Ghat flower market. Vibrant colors everywhere of people trading in flowers mostly for use in worshipping then climbed onto the Howrah bridge, a 705-meter cantilever bridge built in 1945, to look over the markets. I have always loved Kolkata. Whichever face it shows you, be it one of abject poverty, faded grandeur, tangible history, or cultural splendor, it has an energy like no other place I have ever known. The next morning started at the Mullik Ghat flower market. Vibrant colors everywhere of people trading in flowers mostly for use in worshipping then climbed onto the Howrah bridge, a 705-meter cantilever bridge built in 1945, to look over the markets. I have always loved Kolkata. Whichever face it shows you, be it one of abject poverty, faded grandeur, tangible history, or cultural splendor, it has an energy like no other place I have ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment